Board of Directors and Staff
- Joanie Reisfeld is the founder of Better BedRest, Inc. (BBR). She is a retired 41 year veteran teacher of blind children. After 2 1/2 months on her left side and on bedrest in and out of the hospital Joanie gave birth at 30 weeks to a 2 lb. 10 oz. son. And now her son Zach is almost 29 years old and BBR continues to support women on bedrest due to High Risk Pregancy. Joanie felt that this invisable crisis needed to be addressed so women and their families would not go through this experience without support and understanding. Joanie approached Howard County General Hospital: A Member of John’s Hopkins who has donated the helpline since day one.
- Cheryl Rozanski has been treasurer of BBR since 1993. She has been a property management executive almost 25 years. Cheryl’s volunteer commitments include Better BedRest (founding member), Rising Stars (inner-city youth basketball); Maryland Multi-Housing Association, Inc.; Trinity Liturgical Committee; and the Elkridge Youth Organization. Cheryl and her husband now reside in Orlando, Florida, but still has strong roots here in Maryland.
- Barbara Banks is is the Secretary for Better Bedrest. After volunteering for the organization for several years, she began serving on the Board of Directors and took over as Secretary in November 2019. Barbara is a retired Montgomery County school teacher. She has an undergraduate degree in elementary education and a graduate degree in counseling. Better Bedrest is near and dear to her heart. Barbara had a high risk pregnancy and her son was born prematurely. She understands the hardships women face under those conditions and wants to support women in need and the Better Bedrest organization.
- Mary Francis Lahood, LGSW
Psychiatric Social Worker
Children’s National Hospital, Washington, DC
- Doug Hillmuth
- Erica Leventhal, MD
The Women’s OB/GYN Group, St Agnes Hospital
- Blanka McClammer, MS, MA, RN, NEA Member Emeritus
Director of Nursing and Patient Safety
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Nicole Malen, BSN, RN
OB/GYN, Clinical Nurse
University of Maryland Medical Center
- Donna Neale, MD Member Emeritus
Director, Center for Maternal & Fetal Medicine
Howard County General Hospital
- Zachary Reisfeld
- Vic Broccolino former President/CEO Howard County General Hospital