Board of Directors and Staff
- Joanie Reisfeld is the founder of Better BedRest, Inc. (BBR). She is a retired 41 year veteran teacher of blind children. After 2 1/2 months on her left side and on bedrest in and out of the hospital Joanie gave birth at 30 weeks to a 2 lb. 10 oz. son. And now her son Zach is almost 29 years old and BBR continues to support women on bedrest due to High Risk Pregancy. Joanie felt that this invisable crisis needed to be addressed so women and their families would not go through this experience without support and understanding. Joanie approached Howard County General Hospital: A Member of John’s Hopkins who has donated the helpline since day one and continues to work very closely with BBR.
- Cheryl Rozanski has been treasurer of BBR since 1993. She has been a property management executive almost 25 years. Cheryl’s volunteer commitments include Better BedRest (founding member), Rising Stars (inner-city youth basketball); Maryland Multi-Housing Association, Inc.; Trinity Liturgical Committee; and the Elkridge Youth Organization. Cheryl and her husband now reside in Orlando, Florida, but still has strong roots here in Maryland.
- Elizabeth Neighoff is the Secretary for Better Bedrest. Elizabeth joined the organization in 2006 after being on bedrest herself for six months. This experience prompted her to volunteer to help other women on bed rest, as she saw a great void in resources and understanding for this condition. Better Bedrest not only provides these services, but allows her to personally support women through her phone calls and fundraising efforts. Elizabeth lives in Ellicott City with her husband and daughter.
- Mary Francis Lahood, LGSW
Social Worker, Maternal Health
Holy Cross Hospital
- Doug Hillmuth
- Erica Leventhal, MD
The Women’s OB/GYN Group
- Blanka McClammer, MS, MA, RN, NEA
Director of Nursing and Patient Safety
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Nicole Malen, BSN, RN
University of Maryland Medical Center
- Donna Neale, MD
Director, Center for Maternal & Fetal Medicine
Howard County General Hospital
- Zachary Reisfeld
- Vic Broccolino